Friday, May 7, 2010

Baby Names!

Well, our babies names are.....

Callie Grace..we honestly just found this name going through the baby name book. At the time it was not a common name, it sounded very girly and a little southern!

Cade Cambryn- my husband picked out this name long before we had children. I believe it was in 1996...there was a college football player by this name and he just really liked it. He also said it was a good "sports" name. Not sure about that part...guess that is a guy thing! His middle name does have some family namesake. CAMBRY was my cousins baby. She was diagnosed with cancer at 3 months old (while I was pregnant with Cade) and she only made it through one round of chemo before she passed away at 4 months old. This was so devastating. I know many people have had to go through the loss of a child. My mind can not even wrap around the feeling of that. We miss Cambry everyday. My husband and I found out that we were having a boy very close to the time of Cam passing and we wanted to honor her. So we asked my cousin and his wife if it would be ok and they were so happy. So hence the middle name Cambryn!

Ellie Maggie- where to start. As you can tell we have now left the "C" thing behind. We just could not find the "right" name for this sweet baby girl. I loved Ellie and hubby agreed so that is where it came from. Callie cried and cried when we told her we were naming her sister Ellie. When we asked why she said she wanted to name her Maggie. We couldn't turn her down so made that the middle name. We originally were going to call her "Ellie Maggie." Many of us do...but, she has a bunch of names (and doesn't seem confused) Ell, Ellie, Ellie Maggie, Maggie, Mags, Maggie Moo..She always says "my daddy calls me Maggie Moo!"

Baby #4, and our last is Cale Aaron..yep, we went back to the C name. We loved Cale because it was similar to his big brother and not a common name. Aaron is my husband and his father's middle name.

If, and it's not possible, we were to have another boy..............I love the name CAYSON!!! Different and a C name!

No comments:

Post a Comment